×
End of 2012

End of 2012

Here are some of the photos during my travels back in America for Christmas and New Years. I apologise for the late posts!! I didn't know where to start and share !!  
 
 

I do have a very sweet tooth & I love love love Asian delights just as much I make western pastries.
The shaved ice with sweet toppings is a Korean delight from SUNO located in Pleasant Hill, Duluth, GA 30096. Once you've had one you'd probably go back every summer or any time of the year like I do (even if it's freezing cold outside!).
 
I normally have....
Green Tea flavor Shaved Ice
Lychee Jelly
Mochi
LOADS OF STRAWBERRIES
&
Condensed Milk 
 
- - -
 
Once you've had Ruinart Champagne (Rose or Brut), probably feel that Moet & Chandon isn't as great.
Ruinart is also currently owned by the parent company LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA
 
- - -
 
Atlanta Falcons vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
It was the most bazaar experience for me, because on this cold day in late November. Why I say it's bazaar? Because it was an absolutely freezing outside & it was the first time for me to be at the Georgia Dome, so when we arrived at the stadium, we saw many Falcon fans in their shorts and t-shirts shivering outside queueing to get in. Little did I know, there was heating inside and we were BOILING HOT INSIDE!!
 
Foodie wise, most of the game snacks were available:
Bottomless Popcorn
Hot Dogs / Burgers
Nachos
Soft drinks / Beer / the odd cocktails here and there
etc
 
- - -
 
 
 
 
I've mentioned that for Christmas dinner, I made Yorkshire Pudding ! And I was very happy the way it turned out ! I also made some Rosy Pears. I will write another post about the recipe another time. It's super easy and you can make it in advance 
 
- - -


 

I love the bar!


Oyster Bar
 


Seared Tuna with daily condiments
 
Muscles in white wine sauce
 
The Entrance with the smallest putt putt golf
 Location-
914 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318
 
I really liked The Optimist because the interior really reminded me of London & do I miss the lifestyle in London I had!! Their menu can changes as frequently as you can possible think of! they do mainly serve seafood, therefore, what's fresh from catch is best too in my opinion.
 
I have tried their lunch menu as well & it was just as good! I would say if you're not from around town and you're driving to this restaurant, make sure you keep an eye on where the drive-way entrance is! Because we almost missed it twice even with a really big sign which writes the restaurant's name!
 
- - -
 
Zoo Atlanta
 

 
 
- - -
 
Can't go wrong with a Pinkberry !
What are your favorite flavors?
 
- - -
 

Prime Bone-In Ribeye (20 oz)
 
 
 
Location-
1261 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30327
 
I definitely recommed their side orders !!
Corn Souffle / Farro & Field Mushrooms
 
Both of these are my top favorite of all times when I go there!!  
 
- - -

Bell's Pizza
 
- - -
 
 
 
If you didn't already know, Coca Cola was originally from Atlanta! And it all started with the curious local pharmacist. This is actually the second museum that was ever open because the old one needed a bit of an update. It's alwasy fun to be back here because of the decorations they post as well!
Most of you might already know this but it was because of Coca Cola which changed the orginal colour of Santa Claus. Yes, Father Christmas use to be GREEN!
If you're a coke fan, definitely have look into the museum as you can also try all the different types of beverage they've ever created around the world as well! During my visit, as it was Christmas, I was able to enjoy their first ever Gingerbread Coke. Which was pretty odd at first but weirdly enough, I like it!

As Coca Cola Museum is located what we call (Mid-Town) there are also other tourist attractions near this famous drink! There's the Aquarium, CNN's Head Quarters, Botanical Garden, History Center, High Museum of Art & Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
 
- - -
 
 
 
 
Location -
3101 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
 
This is a very fun, upbeat Brazilian restaurant.
What happens is you order your drink of choice and then you help yourself at the salad bar & when you're ready for some meat action, you flip your GREEN card (shown above) & the Gaucho Chefs with bring whatever meat he's holding and will ask whether you would want that cut of meat. Then you flip the card to RED when you don't want to be served with anymore meat & flip again for more! During which you can go help yourself more with some salad.
 
I didn't want to show to many photos as it's fun and I don't want to spoil what it's actually like! There are other restaurants available around America too! So if there's one near you! Try it!
 
This is definitely a good feast for those meat lovers! Their sides which they also provide are traditional Brazilian dishes too! I especially love their pan fried bananas. Fatting I know, but you've got to try it at least once in your life time!
 
- - -
 




Philly Cheese Steak
 
Location-
1831 28th Aveue South
Homewood, Alabama 35209-2607

The reason why we went all the way to Alabama was because we wanted to buy some fireworks (it's because selling fireworks was against certain laws in Georgia State, so many Georgians go to Alabama just for the occasion & we're no exceptions)
 
After we drove to get the fireworks, (very long drive to this bistro) I was actually kina disappointed, maybe it's because we were recommed by some friends' workmates & to be honest, I thought the Philly Cheese Steak was nice & funny enough that was pretty much it....
Though, it was a nice little bistro for the neighbourhood there!
 
- - -

On route to more food
- - -

Sweet Water Beer Brewery
 - - -
 

Texas Tonion
Roasted Sirloin Sandwich
Grilled Chicken & Strawberry Salad / The famous Baked Sweet Potato with a Buttery Sugar Cinnamon
 
- - -
 
HAPPY 2013 !

 


Sorry if this post is only been more photos than review of food and restaurants, thought it would be a nice change instead !
I will try to keep up with the posts more often now that I'm finally home !
 
Wish you all the happiest this 2013 !
Keep smiling when all doesn't go too well
Keep trying and move forward
 
With Love,
Silvy xxx

 

 
 

No comments

Copyright © Stephanie Silv. LuiCREATED BY ThemeShine