×
Château de Chambord

Château de Chambord

Escaping to the country side may not be the right cuppa tea for everyone but to me, this is what road trips are for; you enjoy the good company you have while on the road. Expect, I am typically the type who hates having food in the car, hence why some of my friends find it weird that I keep a jar of baking soda to get rid of the smell.


Unlike the City of Light (Paris), miles after miles, field after field of the serenity. One of the photos I managed to capture was the on the way the to Château de Chambord, one of the works of Leonardo da Vinci. Driving through, I don't doubt for a second that most new travellers would instantly think "sunflower fields!" when they see vast and bright yellow fields are actually plants of rape seeds




I tend not to write too much about history because the stories behind this is pretty long. Not because I'm too lazy to write but I suppose, to me at least, these are one of those things that can only be learnt by going there yourself.

 
Chambord is the largest chateau in Loire Valley and originally, the purpose of this residence served as a hunting lodge for King Francois I. All goes wrong during the French Revolution, that's why a lot of the interiors of the chateau is pretty empty leaving only other centuries' works of interior designs.
 



The spiral staircase which is one of the da Vinci's work






As you see, the whole domain Chambord covers nearly 5440 hectares, pretty much the size of Paris! If you do want to see the whole area to have a better view of the chateau, there are horse & carriage rides, boat and bicycle for hire. If you're a student, highly recommend when you travel in Europe, a student card comes in handy.

Don't be surprised to see many locals in the park at all! Since Chambord Park is open to public and many local French families go to enjoy a day at the park or even the walking trails.



Center of the Double-Helix staircase





 
 
 King Francois I 's logo all over the ceilings
 
 

 

 
Just a little bit of my travels.
Have a fabulous weekend even if it's gloomy
 
With love,
Silvy xxx

No comments

Copyright © Stephanie Silv. LuiCREATED BY ThemeShine