×
Happy Father's Day @ Frites (Central)

Happy Father's Day @ Frites (Central)


As for Father's Day Sunday, we came to this new place called Frites in Central. Just at the end of Wellington Street lies this little Beer Hall at The Wellington. You can see it just off of Queens Road Central when you look up to the balcony. 

I actually got off to a bad impression of the restaurant, it started when I made the booking through their website and had receive an email back stating that I will shortly get a reply by a call or a text message about my booking. Either way, I didn't get any calls nor messages from them, so I eventually had to call in for an answer myself. Because its going to be a Sunday and on top of that, it's Father's Day too, not getting a respond from the restaurant itself just keeps one questioning. 

In the email, they also stated that once my booking is confirmed, the table will be held for 15 minutes after the actual booking time. However, I didn't get the confirmation until the morning of the actual event itself about an hour before we were an hour from dinning. Which was the day of Father's Day. Surely, it would not have been hard to call the customer at least the a day or two before? And when I called into the restaurant to see whether they have received a booking, the one who picked up the phone sounded as if I was insane why I would even bother call to ask. 

I really do believe that my old job haunts me sometimes in the world of hospitality....
Ranting over!!!

On to the main event itself. 

After taking the lift up to the First Floor to the restaurant and out of the lift, the first impression would be a Belgian beer hall as they have also named it. It makes me miss the times I was travelling in Europe too! Oh, there's also a Great Dane (I believe) sitting at the end of the bar top too! 


View from the balcony 

With a good selection of beers off their Beer Bible, there's something for everyone. Since it was Father's Day too, they also did a promotion for the fathers who are having the beer and practically turned it bottomless. Shame they only had one choice of beer to choose from which was Stella Artois Draught at the price of $70 for bottomless flow.

*This offer was only for the day*

1 KG Mussel Pot (Hoegaarden) | $375
The mussels are from Australia at the moment, so they will tend to be a little bigger. Personally, the Hoegaarden sauce went nicely with the mussels, it was really refreshing with the lemon zest and fennel too.

Roasted Pork Knuckle | $235
If you come here, I would recommend trying the 750 Gram Pork Knuckle. Crispy skin, not too salty, the meat itself was not dry at all. A little, sauce with the vegetables, you can't complain. It's definitely more for a sharing porting, even I would struggle on my own having a starter itself. 

Belgium Waffle! | $60
There's no doubt you have to end the meal with some good old Belgium Waffles either right? 

I would definitely return for some more beer and pork knuckle too. 

Cheers to all!
Happy Father's Day
Hope you all had a wonderful one too!


13 comments

  1. This was my second time attending an event at this place, and was my first business event here (the other event was a charity show). Everything at party venues Houston TX was perfect, the drinks and food was amazing. Even the coffee was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Please don't get me wrong! I thought the food was lovely! Nevertheless, maybe it's because I use to work in the industry myself... I always say, there's always room for improvement too x

      Delete

Copyright © Stephanie Silv. LuiCREATED BY ThemeShine