×
The Tram Store

The Tram Store


I came across this little café from viewing one of the random collective photos you get on Instagram. On this glorious day through the winter seasons, the sun decided to come out before the rain poured over the weekend. I will say though, what attracted me to go was the setting and atmosphere I saw from the photos.

Just around the corner of Lea Bridge Roundabout on Upper Clapton Road its not too far from Clapton Station either or the bus stops by the roundabout itself. 


By the time I arrived around 12.30PM, it was pretty packed on the main tables (which I will admit, I love a good wooden sharing table). Since that was the case, I opted to sit by the window. I love how everything inside the café is filled with greenery, chilled vibe and relaxed music.


The stools by the window are very tall comparing to the low level of the table, so if you are as tall as me (I’m 5’7) and having to work on a laptop, the hunch was beyond uncomfortable. So I waited until most people have left after the bustling busy lunch hour and made my way to the long table for a more comfortable level to work from. 

Ordering at the till like any cafe then having a seat. I had a vegan sandwich (sourdough bread) with roasted aubergine, courgettes, harissa, tahini, garlic sauce and salad. It says salad on the menu but I was given some pickled veggies, along with a black coffee as always. Not going to lie, but the coffee I had was slightly to the sour taste, maybe an over burn of the coffee beans? Or maybe I was having a fussy day where I need a good coffee to get me going for the rest of the day. 


After moving from the window seat to a more human level to work from, having too many coffees is never good for any one. I debated to myself at the counter staring at the drink list board, finally ordered a Chai Tea Latte in the end to stop myself from going hyper-overactive on caffeine. 



Just as I finishing up with work and a lovely chai tea latte, it was time to hold my cup up (just for the sake of a photo) and say cheers to the weekend to come! 



No comments

Copyright © Stephanie Silv. LuiCREATED BY ThemeShine