×
March Favorites

March Favorites


You can probably tell I've skipped over February Favorites, because there wasn't anything particular that made it to my Favorites List of the Month! 

So then here came March and march on with my favroites!

Starting off with a hair product (top right corner going clockwise) which I normally don't. Why? True fact, I'm lazy when it comes to hair... and I love the out of bed head look anyways. Since I had my hair dyed to a light brunette about 2 months ago, it's now gone a bit brassy. I've been using Paul Mitchell's Platinum Blonde Shampoo to keep the yellow tones away! I do wash my hair every night before bed, people say you shouldn't wash your hair every day but I'm that sort of person who can't go to sleep without clean, smooth, fresh hair onto my pillow. I use this purple shampoo every other day or every 2 days depending on how brassy I think my hair looks. 

An old favorite of mine and a rediscovery is this Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze (022). Now that it's Spring, I couldn't help myself but give a little cheat on the tanning and bronzing on my face already. I sometimes use this as my contour too, to give me those chiseled cheeks. 

I don't tend to change perfumes often unless I'm that much in love with it. Ever since the Givenchy Make Over I had (Click Here), I opted for this Givenchy perfume Dahlia Divin. Very feminine, perfect for this spring and summer! It has hints of Sandalwood, Jasmine, Golden Fruit, Vetiver and Patchouli. 

Lips Lips Lips. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you'd know I love my lippies. Don't think any beauty writer or blogger with go without loving at least one lip colour over a month's time. Well, I have two this time! Both lip pencils weirdly enough. First, my lip's colour but better is M.A.C's lip pencil in Dervish. Perfect when I want a nude lip but defined and I can also cheat it by over drawing a little bit without anyone noticing much. Another is KIKO's Invisible Lip Liner, which I love because I don't have to think about which colour match I need with certain lipsticks I wear on the day. It stops the lipstick colour from bleeding and the texture of the invisible liner is not drying at all. 

From lips to ears, this ASOS Fine Linked Flower Hoop Earrings have been my go to for many of my outfits. Actually out from my comfort zone for what I'm use to because it is very rare for me to choose an accessory which is very feminine and floral. Just in time for me to wear this for the spring and summer weddings I've been invited to! 

This Vistas Soothing Cream Gel was a recommendation from one of my best friends. This product, I would recommend to you who have sore and fatigue muscles, swollen, heavy, tired and irritated lower limbs. It can also enhance blood and lymphatic circulation and help with stuffed sinus. Just make sure you read the instructions on the leaflet, or online for the proper amount usage. Personally, I use it for sore muscles since I do have the polar extreme where I either stand alot or sit for way too long. LIFE SAVER! 

As for eyes, I've been leaning towards this Stila Magnificent Metal Eyes in Metallic Dusty Rose for a bit of sparkle. I just use a little bit of M.A.C's fix plus on a small flat brush and pack the glitter on my eyes lids or just to brighten the inner corner of my eyes to look more awake!

As for eye shadow, even though I've been loving a bit of glitter and shine, I've been loving matte colours. All matte too. For the whole month, I've been loving (also from Stila) Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in Mind. I can create a natural eye look as well as a smokey look for the night. What I love the most is it has both warm and cool tones all in one, perfect for travelling! Personally, it's a great choice if you don't want to splurge on the Viseart Palette but for it's actual dupe, Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture is the one to go for. 

Weather in Hong Kong has been drastically changing over the years, this Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advance Serum has really helped me over the very dry days. Either I use it in my night routine or I use it on the day when I feel like my skin's really dry before I apply my makeup. It does have a very strong floral scent, so if you're not too keen on scents, I wouldn't recommend using it. However, it does absorb quickly into the skin and I do see a difference with the radiance of my skin after using it for a while. 

Switching from my normal liquid liner, I've been loving this Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner in Deep Blue. It's a very natural alternative from a brown and since blue's been back in trend, it just had to be done. I have had this eyeliner for a while, Rimmel doesn't do this packaging anymore but the closest match I can find is Sephora's Outrageous Intese Waterproof Gel Eyeliner or Revlon's Colorstay Creme Gel Eyeliner in Rio Blue.

Something I've used for so many years before trying out other brands is this Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper in Auburn. Whenever I dye my hair to a lighter colour, whether it's more to the ashy side or even blonde. This brow gel in colour and texture has never failed on me. 

Lastly, I've never used a brush so much apart from my Real Techniques and Hakuhodo ones that it's become one of my go-to. One of the best purchases in my brush collection now is this Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush #56. Generally using it to buff my foundation or just to blend my concealer. Best thing is, it's easy to clean and doesn't hold extra makeup products like other brushes do.

I've got Coldplay's Hymn For The Weekend on repeat since it's been out.
Been loving Beyonce's makeup in this music video too!



Let me know what you've been loving this March too!
Always on the lookout for new products to try. 


No comments

Copyright © Stephanie Silv. LuiCREATED BY ThemeShine